Yeah, we have a new bottom team.
- Kentucky - Game of the season looming with Florida going to Lexington. 'Cats are going to be challenged in this one.
- Florida - We are about to see just how big the boys from Gainesville are with the trip to Lexington looming.
- Vandy - Good news, Vandy gets to play two at home this week. Bad news, Kentucky is one of those two games.
- Alabama - Strong RPI+bad losses+a winning streak=bubble talk.
- Mississippi State - I probably penalized Mississippi State too much for the loss to Florida and the uninspired win over Auburn.
- Arkansas - The Hogs are winless on the road. Much like was for the Spartans, the trip to Athens will cure that.
- Ole Miss - The best team you've never heard of or the worse team you keep hearing about?
- LSU - Can the Tigers make the NIT? Their remaining schedule sets up well for them to make a run at the postseason.
- Tennessee - Still struggling. The Vols get a break with Georgia-South Carolina back to back at home, which is the metaphorical equivalent of having access to a beach house and a morally casual friend in town.
- Auburn - Auburn is playing its best basketball of the season right now. Of course, that bar isn't set too high.
- South Carolina - Movin' on up...by default. They still suck, but Georgia sucks more.
- Georgia - Not a hard choice after the worse game of basketball played by Georgia in four seasons at Auburn. The Dawgs are a team going the wrong direction fast. Just like their offense.
Vandy, Mississippi State, Alabama and Arkansas are very close right now. I gave Vandy the nod due to RPI being nearly 30 points higher than Mississippi State's, even though the Bulldogs beat them. Honestly, I spent more time on these four than I have all season on any one ballot.