Friday, November 11, 2011

It is all about the schedule

You know, something that has stuck in my craw all year has been pundits harping on Georgia's schedule as the only reason they have done anything.  I am happy to grant that not facing LSU and 'Bama this season is a boon.  I will not grant that Georgia's play is a result of facing the other teams in the SEC West.

I don't remember anyone talking about Tennessee, for example, winning the SEC East in 2007 while only facing one team facing no one in the West that finished above .500 in the conference.  However, Tennessee did the one thing they had to do to win the East: Win ballgames.

Oh, and I'm working on the assumption that if Georgia wins tomorrow, Auburn becomes one of those mediocre teams that Georgia has played this year.

Here's to me getting mad about that on Monday.
TD

No comments:

Post a Comment