- Coaching adjustments. If I'm going to call out the lack of coaching acumen, it is only appropriate that I laud it when it goes well. The half time adjustments were good. The second half play calling was very good.
- Special props to the call on Crowell's second TD run. In the second half, almost every run was to the left side of the line, presumably to protect against him losing the ball out of his sprained right wrist. We went back to the play that we ran at Mississippi from inside our own 5 that gained 25+ to the right side. It was as well blocked and well executed Saturday night. As a bonus, Tennessee's defense was completely expecting him to cut left when he cut right.
- Energy. Loved going for it twice on 4th down on the first drive. Crowell kept answering the bell. The defense kept hitting hard. It was a nice change after the last two trips to Knoxville.
- -20 yards allowed rushing. I've seen some people pointing to this being a product of how bad the Vols rushing offense is. To that, I'd answer that those guys didn't just fall down behind the line on their own.
- Keeping Bray off kilter enough that he never got into a rhythm.
- Walsh getting his mojo back.
- The defense not falling into super prevent on the last drive. Yes, they only had :18 seconds, but we still came after them very hard.
- 4th and 56. Damn. I know you could call a hold on nearly every play (and the first one against Aron White was particularly tictac), but damn. Although you could make a case that you'd rather get all of your holds for one game out of the way in one drive.
- An 8 minute, 12 play, 28 yard drive. I am not sure how you do that. Wait, you end up 4th and 56.
- Not getting that last first down. The game is on the line. Finish them.
- Murray's long passes. Give Bobo credit, he kept giving Murray chances to work it out (which he did with the long Mitchell pass), but they were there all night and he just isn't in sync on the long ball right now.
- I miss Orson Charles in our passing game.
- The long 3rd and 4th down conversions allowed in the first half. I started having flashbacks.
One last observation. When it was 3rd and 56, why not throw it long? At that point, armpunt isn't the worst option, right? In all a strong game. Still areas to improve in, but strong.
- The first half.